IDCARE Free Cyber Resilience Outreach Clinic - scam awareness information session
Consumer Protection and IDCARE have joined forces to share information and resources on scams, cybercrime and identity theft at free Cyber Resilience Outreach Clinics (CROC) across Western Australia.
Join this FREE community CROC event in the Perth CBD where IDCARE, WA ScamNet and WA Seniors Card will present on scam awareness and identity theft, followed by an interactive Q&A with attendees. This session will provide valuable information on hi-tech, deceptive and persuasive tricks used by cyber criminals, how to stay safe online, and how to identify scams. Attendees can expect to learn about:
- What scams people lose most to
- How criminals target scams at people
- Examples of the latest scam calls, texts and emails
- The psychology of a professional scammer
- Remote access, data breaches and data breach notifications
- Keys to staying safe – physical, technical and behavioural
- IDCARE & Consumer Protection resources and how you can access free community support services.
Thursday 27 April, 2023 from 10.30am to 12.30pm
Level 2, Exhibition Hall, 140 William Street
Perth WA 6000