Discover your guide to the city's best family friendly activities!
Rio Tinto Christmas Lights Trail 2023
Every night from 17 November until 2 January 2024
The Rio Tinto Christmas Lights Trail is back in town, lighting up the City and Northbridge for 47 nights with 22 amazing light installations.
- 1Inspired by the pulsating energy and constant movement of urban life, City Beats captures the rhythm of the city and reacts to your presence.
Perth Cultural Centre
Presented by Perth Cultural Centre
Perth Cultural Centre lights up this Christmas with this amazing installation.
Lights on 6pm to 1am
- 3Presented by WA Museum Boola Bardip
WA Museum Boola Bardip
It is the night before Christmas and all through the house a few creatures are stirring as Alice and mice dance the famous sugarplum fairy dance from the Nutcracker.
- 4Presented by DevelopmentWA
The 3D anamorphic Moodjar Tree, Western Australia’s Christmas Tree, embodies love, family and the land’s nurturing presence. It symbolises gratitude for the past and hope for the future.
Story curated by Rose Wally, music composed and performed by Phil Walley-Stack, art design by Biara Martin.
- 5Presented by Raine Square
Santa Claus has upgraded his reindeer-powered sleigh for a Christmas Cadillac. Jump in and take a photo before its owner comes to claim it.
- 6Presented by 140
140 Perth, Railway Lane
Step into a world of wonder with our interactive illuminated mural art. Immerse yourself and become part
of the masterpiece.
- 7Need a reminder of where you are? We have you covered in gumnuts and waratahs.
- 8Get a sneak peak of what happens in the North Pole as projections light up the façade of one of Perth’s most beautiful historical buildings.
Projections from approx. 7:45pm
- 9This stunning 14-metre tall Christmas Tree is covered in more than 13,000 lights. How many decorations can you spot?
- 10Presented by Forrest Chase
Forrest Chase - Level 1, Myers entrance
Venturing all the way from Wadjemup (Rottnest Island), snap a photo with the Quokka.
- 11Ever wondered how Santa Claus unwinds after visiting Perth families? Floatie-style!
Murray Street Mall, Myers entrance
- 12Presented by Central Park
All aboard the Vintage Christmas Train!
- 13Presented by enex
enex, Hay Street Mall
Christmas shopping at enex is a hoot!
- 14A modern take on the classic Christmas Tree that will dazzle and light up the Hay St Mall.
Hay Street Mall
- 15Explore the native flora and fauna of the South West forrest in a vivid and dreamlike realm.
Perth Town Hall
- 16Presented by Lotterywest
Wander into a mesmerising universe of light with the Constellation Labyrinth, where every path leads to enchantment.
- 17Come see how Christmas is celebrated at WA’s most notable locations.
St Georges Cathedral
Projections from approx. 7.45pm
- 18A mob of festive kangaroos have made the front of Council House their home.
- 19From sunset each night, check out the Council House light show.
Note: Some nights may have alternative programming to celebrate other occasions in the city.
- 20Reminiscent of a bonfire, these ethereal flowers engulf the space in bright colours.
- 21Presented by Lotterywest
Experience this fusion of art and technology. As the symphony builds to a crescendo, the lights respond, illuminating the space and enhancing the energy of the music.
Note: Severe flashing lights warning
Open 7pm to midnight
- 22Presented by DevelopmentWA
Adore this dazzling spectacle after-dark as the 8-metre tall Galleon is bedecked with a radiant display of Christmas lights.