The Lion Never Sleeps
The Lion Never Sleeps takes you on a group walk through Northbridge to uncover and retrace queer history. Equipped with a listening device and headphones, an audience of twenty navigate, meander and move through spaces where the queer population danced, fought, and formed communities during the AIDS crisis in Perth in the 1980s.
The Lion Never Sleeps is a riotous call for justice and joy, a celebration of resilience, resistance and glitter. Developed through the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts’ and Propel Youth Arts LGBTQIA+ Still Here program, The Lion Never Sleeps is an homage to our queer elders and an intergenerational conversation.
- Director, producer & performer: Noemie Huttner-Koros
- Performers: Jess Nyanda Moyle & Andrew Sutherland
- Sound recordist & sound designer: Josten Myburgh
- Guitar & double bass: Jameson Feakes & Djuna Lee
- Graphic design: Michelle Aitken
- Photography: Georgi Ivers
Event Details: Suitable for Adults, Free Admission - Bookings Required
28, 29 and 30 Apr | 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Free Ticketed event
Outside the Blue Room Theatre, 53 James Street
Northbridge WA 6003