WA Museum Boola Bardip officially opened on 21 November 2020.
The museum is home to eight new permanent galleries, 1,000sqm of temporary exhibition gallery and thousands of items from the Museum’s collections displayed in new and innovative ways.
Discover our State’s rich cultural and natural heritage through three major themes.
- Being Western Australian: Celebrating the diversity of our people.
- Discovering Western Australia: Providing a gateway to our incredible State.
- Exploring the World: Defining Western Australia’s place in the world.
Each of the Museum’s exhibitions explores these themes through collections, research and the perspectives of communities from across Western Australia.
Woven throughout are the voices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, recognising the primary rights of Australia’s first peoples in practising and expressing their cultural heritage.
Plan your visit
Entry to WA Museum Boola Bardip is free. The Museum is open daily from 9am to 5pm. From 1 April, the Museum will be open daily from 9.30am to 5pm.
1. Book a ticket online or by calling 1300 134 081. This is recommended if you wish to visit on a particular day.
2. Walk-up entry is available each day — no booking required! However, you may experience a wait time during busy periods such as weekends.
If you register for a tour, program or an event, admission is included in your booking.
A little more about the name of the WA Museum Boola Bardip.Boola Bardip means many stories in Whadjuk Nyoongar; the Country on which the Museum sits.
WA Museum Boola Bardip is a place to share Western Australia’s many stories. Our people, our places and our role in the world.
Perth Cultural Centre, James Street
Northbridge WA 6003
Open from 21 November 2020
Open daily from 9am – 5pm
Closed Christmas, Good Friday & ANZAC Day