The Lester Prize 2020/21 Exhibition Season
The Lester Prize is one of the country’s most prestigious fine art portrait prizes.
Our annual program includes: the Main Exhibition in AGWA’s historic Centenary Galleries; Awards Nights for both Adult and Youth finalists; guided tours; floor talks, workshops and live demonstrations; outdoor art pop up events around the city; a Community Outdoor Art Exhibition at the Perth Cultural Centre; and digital exhibitions showcased on the Big Screen at the Perth Cultural Centre, Northbridge Piazza, Yagan Square and the City of Perth Library.
The Lester Prize also conducts workshops with Starlight Livewire at Perth Children’s Hospital; aged care residents; and schools working towards making substantive and positive changes within their communities (with a particular focus on those who require additional support and have a high proportion of NESB and indigenous student populations).
The Lester Inc is proud to provide Western Australia and the country with the opportunity to engage with the best of the artform in a format that puts both artists and community front-and-centre.
- MAIN EXHIBITION | Art Gallery WA’s Centenary Galleries | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- YOUTH AWARDS EXHIBITION | Brookfield Place Tower 2 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- SALON DES REFUSÉS | Outside Brookfield Tower 1 | 2 Nov — 27 Nov 2020
- OUTDOOR COMMUNITY EXHIBITION | Perth Cultural Centre | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ON THE BIG SCREEN DISPLAYS | Various locations in Perth CBD | 31 Oct — 29 Nov 2020
- ST JOHN OF GOD HEALTH CARE TOURING EXHIBITION | Murdoch, Mt Lawley & Midland Hospitals | Dec 2020 — Feb 2021
For more information on our Adult & Youth Finalists' artworks, exhibitions and events around Perth CBD (incl. ticketing), visit: www.lesterprize.com
Sat 31 Oct - Mon 29 Nov | 10am - 5pm
Perth Cultural Centre
Perth WA 6000