Library Bag Design Competition
Are you creative? Get inspired by your Library! We're inviting City of Perth Library members to create a design featuring our beautiful building. The competition is open to all ages, and two winners will be selected. The winning designs will be printed on our Library bags.
Entries open: 1 March to 31 March 2021
What we’re looking for
Please include a recognisable representation of the exterior of the City of Perth Library building, you may include other elements if you wish. For example, you could include elements representing what the Library means to you and showing its location in Perth’s CBD. We invite you to visit us at 573 Hay Street, Perth for inspiration.
The judges will be looking for a design that will reproduce well when printed on a canvas library bag. Please ensure your design is in landscape orientation and no larger than an A3 page (420 mm wide by 297 mm high). Your design should be in black and white only (no greyscale), and we suggest using clear lines drawn in ink, markers, pen or pencil. You may submit a hard copy of your artwork in person at the Library during Library opening hours, or submit an electronic version (high resolution PDF file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Entries may be submitted from 1 March 2021 to midnight (WST) 31 March 2021.
- The entrant must be a member of the City of Perth Library.
- Entries may be submitted in person at the City of Perth Library or via email to email@example.com. Please ensure that all your contact details are included in the email (name, age, contact number, Library membership number).
- The competition is open to all members of the City of Perth Library (excluding City of Perth employees and their relatives).
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Entries must clearly address the related design brief and will be judged on merit and suitability.
- The entries will be judged by the judging panel, the panel’s decision is final.
- The winning image of each age category will be displayed on the City of Perth Library bags.
- The entrant/s with the winning submission will be informed via email.
- Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- By submitting an entry to the Community Library Bag Design Competition, the entrant grants the City of Perth the following non-exclusive rights to the image in perpetuity: to copy, show, exhibit, broadcast, advertise, market and disseminate the image throughout the world via any medium (existing or future) and to sell, license and assign any or all of the foregoing right to a third party. Note that the winning entrant will be credited by the City of Perth where possible.
- The entrant indemnifies the competition organisers from any loss, injury or damage that may occur in the production of their image.
- Entrants must agree to these competition rules and guidelines in order to submit an entry to the Community Library Bag Design Competition.
- Artist credit details will be confirmed with the winning entrants.
- The design must be no larger than an A3 piece of paper in landscape orientation.
Entries open 1 March to 31 March 2021
573 Hay Street