Download the Perth Trails App now, take self-guided tours at your own pace, discover the rich history and interesting landmarks Perth has to offer across its neighbourhoods.
Experience the Christmas Lights Trail
On until 2 January 2022
Experience the magic of Christmas every night at the City of Perth’s Christmas Lights Trail, with 26 illuminating stops for the whole family to enjoy, from 19 November to 2 January.
Plus there’s roving entertainment every Friday and Saturday night to add that extra dose of Christmas spirit!
- 1Presented by WA Museum Boola Bardip
WA Museum Boola Bardip
Hop through Northbridge and find this golden kangaroo shining bright at WA Museum Boola Bardip. Snap a quick pic with it before you head off.
- 2As you continue on your Christmas Lights Trail journey, be greeted by two friendly reindeer standing at over 4 metres tall.
Perth Cultural Centre
- 3Presented by Lotterywest
Enjoy an immersive music and light show under a constellation of 16,000 lights. The 23-metre long tunnel in the heart of Northbridge creates the ultimate Christmas-themed sensory experience and is always a fan favourite.
- 4Presented by Kings Square
Standing at eight metres high and covered in over 10,000 lights, this dazzling tree will have you captivated as it transitions through all the colours of the rainbow.
- 5Oh no! One of Santa’s gifts has fallen out of his sleigh! Standing at over 4 meters tall, immerse yourself in the giant present that has dropped right in front of the beautiful Wellington Gardens.
Presented by RAC Arena
This larger-than-life snow dome is one stop you do not want to miss. Peer into the dome to see what wonders are inside, then hit the button to bring the installation to life!
- 7Presented by Yagan Square
Yagan Square, William Street Mall
Santa has lost one of his reindeers! Can you find Prancer checking out Yagan Square? At 7 metres tall, he’s hard to miss.
- 8Presented by Raine Square
St. Nick is busy preparing his sleigh but he has parked his vintage car at Raine Square! See how Santa shines every other month of the year in his second favourite ride – it’s looking Fast & Festive!
- 9Presented by 140
Watch as the impressive Beastman x Vans the Omega mural springs to life at sunset with mesmerising festive patterns and bright pops of colour. You won’t be able to look away!
- 10This stunning, 14 metre tall Christmas tree covered in over 13,000 lights is the tallest installation on the Trail and is sure to knock your socks off! Can you count all the gifts tucked away under its branches?
Murray Street Mall
- 11Catch a glimpse of this eye-candy, standing at over three metres tall! A giant gingerbread man has found his way to Forrest Place and he is sure to give you a sugar rush.
- 12Standing to attention for Forrest Place visitors, the Nutcrackers bring a classic Christmas story to life in the heart of the city.
- 13Presented by Myer
Forrest Chase, Padbury Walk Level 1
Travel with Monty as they pass through magical lands. This immersive display is one not to be missed up on Padbury Walk, Level 1.
- 14Snap a festive group picture with your family or friends in the giant photo frame illuminating the Murray Street Mall.
Murray Street Mall
- 15Presented by Piccadilly Arcade
Piccadilly Arcade, Hay Street Mall
Experience the wonder of Christmas in the newly renovated Piccadilly Arcade.
- 16Continue along the trail and you'll discover a glistening stack of presents next to a tree, shining bright and awaiting Christmas Day.
Hay Street Mall
- 17Ho, ho, ho – Santa is back visiting the Hay Street Mall! Standing at over 5 metres tall, you won’t be able to miss him shining bright with over 10,000 lights.
Hay Street Mall
- 18This giant star forms the perfect backdrop for your selfies this Christmas. Don’t forget to make a wish!
Hay Street Mall
- 19Stand under the bright cascade of sparkling lights hanging around the outside of the beautiful City of Perth Library.
City of Perth Library
- 20They’re back! Captivating animated projections will light up the façade of this beautiful historical building with a traditional nativity scene and snapshots from a classic Aussie Christmas Day. The projections will be sure to add Christmas spirit to St Georges Terrace from 7.30pm to midnight, with festive music concluding at 10pm.
St George’s Cathedral, Cathedral Square
- 21A Christmas Lights Trail Tradition! The family-favourite mob of illuminated, festive kangaroos have found their way back into the city just in time for Christmas.
- 22It’s all happening on St Georges Terrace! Make sure you look up to check out the fun Christmas festivities lighting up iconic Council House from sunset onwards each night. What Christmas characters can you spot?
- 23Practice your best royal wave when you take a seat in the back of this stunning carriage fit for a King or Queen.
- 24Presented by Elizabeth Quay
Elizabeth Quay, The Landing
Be enchanted by the family of swans who have found their way into the Elizabeth Quay inlet. Delight in their beauty and check out mother swan as she stands at five metres tall watching over her family.
- 25Marvel at the giant shining feathers of this beautiful, proud peacock. With over 23,000 lights, you’ll see this festive bird lighting up Elizabeth Quay.
Elizabeth Quay, William Street
- 26Presented by Brookfield Place
Appearing for the first time ever, discover the specially designed 14-metre tall Poinsettia Christmas Tree of Joy.